Friday, February 25, 2011

Deftones Live In KL – February 14th 2011



Been there done that.

We arrived at KL Live at 5 pm. The building is still pretty much under renovations. There’re lots of posters in the elevator & along the path towards the exit of the car park. BUT AMAZINGLY we didn’t grab any of them, assuming that the posters will stay safe there, but we’re wrong. NONE are left after the concert. Talking about over-confidence without brain. ;-)

Only a bunch of die-hard-and-discipline fans waiting outside KL Live at that time. Rain starts falling down and my stomachache is not showing any sign of reliefs. Thanks to the combination of Roti Canai & pints of beer night before that resulted to my stomachache. Awesome eh? :p

6.30pm onwards, the space outside KL Live started to get packed by the fans. Black t-shirt, snowcap and black sneaker bring back the memory of 90’s. Most of the fans are those born in the 80’s and early 90’s.




7.30pm. The numbers of crowd are getting larger but still no sign of the gates are opening. The tense is rising but the organizers did quite well to ease our pressure by ‘releasing’ the black angels & the white cupids. I love the angels but not the cupid. J



The gates are opening only at 8pm++. The crowds are cheering. What makes me proud is that we’re so discipline and so patient while queuing. Now that’s class and professional. J

Our own king of post-hardcore – Love Me Butch, opening the concert, playing most of the tracks on their latest album. The sound is great or should I say, perfect. Salute bro.




After the LMB show, we have to wait; again. It takes a mere of 10 minutes for the technician to set-up the equipments. Then, the ultimate show begins!

All the members of Deftones showed up & without many introductions, they hit the Birthmark. The crowds went insane. Jumping and pushing each other. And Alvin then missing in action. I’ve no idea how he end up at the other side of Rock Zone.



































Chino did say: “I see u guys, and I can’t believe what I’m seeing, we promise to come back here again.” Can’t remember what he says exactly, but what I know is that he made promise to come back after realizing there’re many Deftones hardcore in Malaysia. I do hope that they will come again.


p/s : Big thanks to Lisa for allowing me to use all the pictures she captured during the concert for my blog. I can't capture any because I've been busy doing all the crazy horse things on the floor. 

2 comments: